The brain is the most important part in the functioning of the entire body. It coordinates all sensory nerves. (Also referred to as the command center for the human nervous system). It contains billions of nerve fibers and cells and it weighs approximately 1.4 kilograms constituting to 2% of the entire body weight.
The functionality of the brain can largely be determined by the physical activities we do. Meanwhile, due to modernization our lifestyles have changed. Some of the things that we do in our daily lives end up affecting our brains.
Let’s take a look at some of the lifestyles that could be affecting your brain’s functionality.
According to psychologists, the brain cannot concentrate on two things at the same time. It can only switch between tasks back and forth but this could affect the short term memory and also the overall mental performance.
Did you know that ninety minutes of sweating could shrink the brain temporarily? Well this is due to the fast rate of dehydration. It is always advisable to take more than enough water.
The proteins in the brain are negatively impacted by the exposure to electromagnetic frequencies. A good example is the ones emitted by your cell phone. Many people will always put their cell phones underneath their pillow when going to sleep. This is simply a bad idea. During sleep time keep distance with your phone or even switch it off.
Chronic stress and depression are some of the problems that people face in their daily lives. This largely affects our brains and even causing shrinkage. Never isolate yourself from others due to stress, instead share your problems with family members or friends.
People nowadays don’t take foods rich in omega 3. Omega 3 is the best for improving the brain functionality.
However, here are few ways to improve your brain functionality and prevent it from being damaged.
- Eat a balanced diet with foods rich in Omega 3. Fish and liver could be the best source of omega 3. Take enough time on the sun to get enough vitamin D.
- Challenge your mind. Keep learning but don’t only depend on books. Play musical instruments, cell phone games and also try speaking a foreign language. This could also increase your creativity.
- Listen to classical music.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is always the best method to help reset your brain. This gives your brain time to rest.
- Train your memory, by memorizing phone numbers and credit cards. It makes you smarter.
- The last and my most preferred way is attending yoga classes since it helps relax your brain.